Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Proverbs Women & the LIGHT

A small group of ladies have just started something new. Well, new for us. We're spending time in a chapter of Proverbs each day (corresponding with the date) and emailing each other with a thought, prayer, idea or verse that touched us as we read. I'm really encouraged already. Maybe a dozen people were initially sent out the 1st email, and most have joined up. I don't know about you, but I could spend all day in Proverbs, let alone 15 minutes in the morning.

It is neat to see where different ladies pick up on different points. Some ladies work (outside the home, I know we ALL work ;-), some are at home with little ones, some homeschool... we are all at different places in our lives and in our walks. And I love the interaction and encouragement from other women.

Recently I was talking with a dear friend, sharing what God is doing in our lives. I shared how I feel that the more I am learning; about HIM, about things I should be doing as wife, mom and believer, etc; the more I am... messing up (for lack of better word). She said that the closer we draw to Him, to the light, the more of our sin & dirt is revealed to us. That made perfect sense to me. But for other people. I tend to be hard on myself, those of you who know me well know this. So I feel that yes, I am growing closer to HIM. I am getting close to the LIGHT, I am learning so much about Him and myself. But I wonder, is that revealing more & more areas that I need to surrender to Him? Or am I just ... messing up? (Aren't I an eloquent writer? ha ha) BTW, I don't want anyone to think I am running a mafia-ring, smuggling artifacts out of Turkey, or making illegal drugs in my basement. I am just facing the everyday struggles that the rest of you are facing.

I pray that we all will grow in wisdom- read Proverbs, any of it, and closer to the LIGHT!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome! God is so good. We can learn so much from others as we gather together...where two or more are gathered in my name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you are saying! That is exactly how I have felt and wondered why I am messing up so much more when I am trying so much harder? Go figure. I, too, think it is because so much more of my sin nature is revealed. The closer I draw to God the more pure I want to become!! Great thoughts and your group sounds awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to join in with you ladies. Do I know any of them? Way to invite myself right? LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to follow you through Google reader!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted to know you are missed!

    ReplyDelete