I don't like to go more than a week w/o posting. But , oh well. I've been spending less time on the computer, and that's a good thing.
My rant today is this. Christmas. I love it. It has meaning to me, so much meaning. I guess the roots of 'christmas' are in pagan traditions or something? Whatever. I'm not a pagan, and those are not my tradition. I do not celebrate Christmas by buying things. I do not celebrate Christmas in order to shop. Presents are fun. Yes. Does that make me bad by admitting that. C'mon people, who doesn't like to recieve something from someone they care about, that has put some thought into getting you something you'll like. That is not bad, is it? No.
What is good is this. Jesus Christ was born. Yes, He is God. Yes, He has always been. Yes, He is to be celebrated all year long, every day. Yes, He should be given even more attention on a daily basis than I give Him, I know that. But do I think He finds fault with people acknowledging that He was born on a specific day, hence, birthday? That every Christmas morning we (my kids & us) wake up saying 'happy birthday , Jesus'? That our favorite thing to bake this time of year is the birthday cake?
I know I'm rambling. I'm not even gonna reread this, or spell check for that matter. I just want to say that I love Christmas, because of my love for Christ. Some people don't, and that's fine, who am I to question anyone. But shouldn't it go both ways? Why doubt my sincerity, my faith, my beliefs because I celebrate a holiday that, to me, is fulfilling of prophecy that brought about our faith.
Also, i'm not talking to or about any one person. Just sharing my thoughts on this subject. Respectfully, I hope. There are so many things that 'christians' split hairs over. I'm just sad that I'm finding more and more that Christmas is now one of those controversial issues.
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




One of the churches we went to went through this Christmas craziness. We were like...whatever! I don't see how remembering and setting aside a day to honor His birth is bad. It is a biblical concept to remember God's work yearly! To stop is to let the commercial side of Christmas win! Well...now that I've told you how I really feel! LOL! Live and let live! Eyes on Jesus!
ReplyDeleteI am sure you know we don't velebrate Christmas but I love you girlie. And I hope you don't judge me becuz we don't celebrate it. I don't judge you. What we do or don't is between us and the L-rd. It's before Him that we stand or fall..
ReplyDeleteI hear you girl!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a relaxing week!
I think I read somewhere that Jesus was actually born in April, but they changed the celebration date to December, because Christians were being put to death for celebrating the birthday - so they moved it, and it apparently it stuck. Wish I remembered where I read that now, but I bet if you did a bit of research you could find it...
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, I agree - I think it's okay to like presents :-)