Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Family and Friends

There's been so much going on, but I had to get one last post in for 2008!

We had a great Christmas. I have pictures up here. I did have some great thoughts about our celebrations. We spend like a week celebrating Christmas. Which means visiting family; lots of people we see all the time but also people we only see occasionally. And that makes it so special. On Christmas day my girls and I went to visit the elderly couple that lives next door just to say Merry Christmas and bring them some goodies. Well, they were so happy to have us. They are all alone- no kids, no family- just the 2 of them. He said that we "made their Christmas"! We only visited for a little while, but they were so happy. When we got home, I looked around my upside down house, full of people, the kids running around- and I realized how blessed we are. Of course we did presents and gifts. But I would give that all up, just to keep my family nearby. A holiday is made so much more special by having people you love to share it with.

On another note, we had a wonderful class on Monday. My wonderful friend Tracey came over and did a presentation on India for my kids and about 10 other homeschool kids. It was so awesome! She did a great job; the kids were interested and asking questions. My kids were telling my father all about the customs they learned about. It was the best time. Thank you Tracey. And I'm putting these pictures up, sorry, you'll have to deal- and your hair looks great, by the way! lol


Well, Happy New Year Everyone. New Years' resolutions anyone? Ugh, don't wanna go there!

3 comments:

  1. A very happy New Year to you as well sweet sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sooo much fun! Okay, so maybe I have bad hair but I think I'm outdone by Sammy, who's picking his nose in the first photo. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The class on India sounds great! Did i tell you I just LOVE the Indian culture??

    Your xmas sounds so great!!

    ReplyDelete