Saturday, January 10, 2009

Bloggiversary! (I've been waiting to use that word!)

Yup, one year of blogging for me. I haven't been that consistent, but I haven't quit yet either. Hooray for me!
I spent most of today in misery- you know me and my migraines. What was I thinking with that chocolate yesterday? It is SOOOO not worth it. For my head, or for my waistline! ;-)
So I've been having some homeschooling issues lately. I won't bore you w/ the details. Just know that God has used some of His people to encourage me, and to direct me and to remind me that I am not a complete hopeless mess when it comes to educating my children. I also needed to be reminded to stop & smell the roses so to speak. To enjoy this time I have with them. To have fun. To relax. To get over the "gotta get to the end of the book" syndrome!
All of these reminders and revelations came yesterday after my wonderful mother in law came over to sit w/ the kids so I could go fellowship w/ a mom whose 'been there, done that'. So I had a pretty good day yesterday. And not a bad week. We have been doing our Bible study faithfully- why is that always the first thing I let go when the going gets tough? Anyway, I know that that helps us all through the day, so we've been doing great with that.
But, of course, I woke up this morning with a migraine. CRUD!!! But, once again, my 2 oldest, and even Maddy, took charge. We got our Bible time in- thank God. And then the kids took over. Joshua brought them all to his music room in the attic, and they had a ball up there. Josie got them dressed and fed them lunch (she only washed the soup pan, and not the bowls, but hey, I can't complain, can I?) Maddy was designated helper. Then, my dearest got home and took the kids out for pizza, so I had another hour or 2 to myself!
I was able to take 3 naps today! Well, at least fall asleep 3 times. Which explains why it's 12:30 am, and I'm still up and kicking! I am feeling better, finally. And should probably go to bed!
I had planned to write something profound for my bloggiversary, but oh well... Just another post w/ all of my ramblings. I'll be profound soon... well, maybe!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Bloggoversary! :-) Also, given that you have migraines, I won't tell you all about how delicious Mrs. Crumbles chocolate macaroons are.. and their soft, chewy, chocolately coconutty goodness. No, I won't say a word... Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home schooling is such a journey...many phases...lots of doubt that sweeps in...lots of growth often painful...but God is there through it all...I tell myself that no matter what I will not regret the time I spent with my children...blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete