Friday, November 14, 2008

God, again, using my miserable migraines to get my attention

Migraine, again. And again it's causing me some introspection. I have been a roller coaster of emotions lately. I've been... floundering spiritually. Not any great, horrible things I've been doing; just going through a dry spell. I've been spending time in the Word, but not as much in prayer. And, duh-like we don't know this, it's affecting me. I've been short, and disconnected from my family. And I"m sorry for that. I'm so blessed, and so fortunate, yet I'm still a jerk, more often than not. I have a night out w/ Josh tonight (thank you Lord- as long as I can find a sitter! ;-) and plan to apologize for my attitude. He's so gracious w/ me. And, for the record, I'm not a schitzo- I just fluctuate more than most in my emotions and feelings. Or maybe I don't, but I'm just brutally honest about it. I see no reason not to be honest- It sure beats being fake.

Met an interesting woman through an amazon purchase gone wrong. And it's just so cool how God works, because she's already blessed me. Another way God shows just how totally involved in our lives.

Co-op is today, the 2nd to last one. Debating on going back next semester... The kids love the 'fun' part of co-op, yet have issues w/ the classes. Well, the older ones do. I guess that's because their classes are... well, work. Josie is turning in her lapbook today. She did a great job, and I had a lot of fun working w/ her on it. Josh's research paper is due next week. *gulp*

Time to get in motion. I have to leave in an hour and 15 minutes, and only half of the kids are up; I'm still in my robe. My head hurts too much to bend over and look in my drawers for something to wear. Be blessed today; that's my prayer for any of you who happen by, and for myself and my family. That God would continue to make Himself known and evident in our lives. That He would continue to work in His mysterious ways; that He would mold, change and form me into the woman He wants me to become.

3 comments:

  1. I am an emotional woman myself but the L-rd helped me realize that I can control my emotions rather than let them control me. Not saying you are just sharing my experience..
    I would have alot of ups and down emotionally as does Morgan as she is so much like me. I would advise her to get control of her emotions and not let them control her. I realized I couldn't preach it and then not practice it so when I would have the grumpies or crankies or feel depressed or sad or whatever I would remind myself that I didn't have to let these emotions control me and I would choose to put a smile on my face and be happy. I would pray and ask the L-rd to help me be joyful. Then I would apologize for my family and go on with joy. After doing this for a bit now it truly does work and makes such a difference. Thats not to say that I am perfect at this and never let my emotions affect my moods. I am not perfect just learning as the L-rd leads..
    I love your honesty and realness! I try to be real too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgive my typos..i type fast and too lazy to go back and correct ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your roller coaster of emotions. I think most women can relate. I think many go through periods of this in their lives. The migraines can't help. Have you ever considered feverfew to prevent them? Blessings to you. Hope your night out with hubby was a great blessing. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete