My youngest son has been sick for a week now. Finally, today, I brought him into the doctor's office. He has pneumonia.
My first reaction was fear, followed by guilt. I heard that word, and immediately thought of hospitalizations, oxygen masks, x-rays, and well, worse. Then I thought of how grumpy I've been lately. He has been up all night coughing for 3 nights now, and was up before that with diarrhea (sorry if that's more info than you bargained for). So, I'm running on little bits of sleep here. Which by no means excused my grumpiness. But my guilt is for how annoyed I've been that my poor baby seems fine during the day, then proceeds to cry all night-like it's his fault.
I am very thankful that we seem to have caught it early. There is no need for hospitals, and he should be fine in a few days. There are possibilities of side affects, and lasting issues- but I won't dwell on those things. Andrew is sleeping peacefully now, has taken 1 dose of medication, and is on his way to a speedy recovery.




i pray he feels better quckly!!
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear that. I pray you have a blessed Thanksgiving marked by rapid improvement of his health. Probiotics help with the side effects of the antibiotics. Blessings to you.
ReplyDelete