Wednesday, November 5, 2008

He will make my paths straight

I wonder when I'll 'make it'. Or "get it". Or whatever you call it when you stop struggling with the same things day after day. Not everything, not perfection; I know better than that. But, like, shouldn't there be at least ONE thing that I can say I have successfully conquered, by the grace of God, that is no longer an issue for me.
Take my temper, for example. I can be just so nasty, I don't like myself. I don't know how anyone else can stand me. I hate losing my temper, I don't want to, I pray about it, and I KNOW that with God, all things are possible, and I try so so hard to overcome this. So, why then, am I still such a Jerk?
Why am I plagued by the same things, over and over. I thought that I'd overcome this set of sins, and move on in my spiritual maturity, onto more deep, important things to deal with. (does that make sense? oh, well) Yet, here I am, not growing up.
I've been through so much, learned so much and come so far... yet have I?

2 comments:

  1. we all have a thron in our flesh..
    and these thing keep us dependent on G-d and remind us to walk in all humility..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing...growth in Christ...it makes us see our ugliness all the more. Sometimes an acute awareness of our failings is a sign of growth. The more we know Christ the more we know how short we fall of Hhim. The issue isn't whether there will be an area where you will never sin again. Let it go! The issue is when will you realize that you are the Beloved? That there is nothing you can do that will please Him more than what you did already-believe on His Son Jesus Christ. When you let go of your need to perfect yourself then you find the freedom that is Christ! Then you know deep within your heart that now there is no condemnation. Not that you quit working out your salvation with fear and trembling. But that you simply get back up and dust yourself off and know that after this last failure you are stronger. Godly sorrow comes with hop and condemnation is from the enemy. IN that failure God is working to finish you. HE will finish the good work HE began in you. YOU will not finish it. HE WILL. Rest sweet sister in the knowledge that the Lord knows your are dust.

    ReplyDelete