What a fun night I just had with my family. Josh and I discussed the whole trick-or-treating thing, and just decided not to do it this year. At first, I bucked his initial suggestion, as I'm prone to do. But once I just decided to submit, and not sweat it, things went smoothly. And I was able to keep an atmosphere of peace in my home.
We started to evening by hunting down a movie, "Journey to the center of the earth". We found it at the 'redbox' at Stop & Shop. Then shopped around there, picking out yummy treats for our family night. We came home, and I made Bar-B-Q chicken nachos (I think those are my new favorite!) , Pizza Roll-ups, and a Bruschetta Pizza for my and Josh. We ate our super-healthy (NOT) dinner while watching our movie. It was just such a nice time. I see, as I do every time, how God blesses our obedience.
The littles are now sleeping, Josh is watching the history channel, and I sit here. I am enduring a painful headache, though. Since about a week before the move, I've been a human vacuum cleaner! I've been eating non-stop, and not my natural foods, either. So, it's no wonder I'm suffering right now. I always 'forget' that I eat well, not only to not return to blimp status, but also to keep my body functioning well and pain free. Another reason I'm thankful we didn't go out tonight- No buckets overflowing with candy that calls me in my sleep.
But, on a positive note, today I put on a pair of black corduroys that I got last year. I'll say it like this; last year when I wore them , my dearest said, "why are you wearing skin tight pants?" So, yeah, those went right into storage. Anyway, today, they were positively HUGE. Yay!
Time to sleep, I'll be babysitting my nephew upstairs tomorrow, kind of early. But the nice thing is, I can wake up, grab my coffee, and walk upstairs in my pj's, and wait there until he wakes up.
A good day today, and a good week. I definitely feel at home here, and the kids do, too. Only Dexter is still weirded out, but I have the strangest dog in the world, so all in all; life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




We didnt get the movie at stop@shop... we got it at the shaws on kings highway. we tried stop@shop and they didnt have it.
ReplyDeleteWe watched Journey to the Center of the Earth this weekend too! Way to go for listening to hubby on Trick or Treating...it is hard sometimes to follow hubby's lead when we know what great influence we have over them. We haven't celebrated it for eons. I cast no stones at those who do. It is simply our choice. I have been cramming my face full of a few things too...mostly just more cooked food-fairly wholesome but I did eat some Snowcaps with the movie. BIG no-no but the headache was worth it. LOL! Have a great day in the Lord!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a very lovely evening! We haven't done halloween since we got married almost 14 yrs ago and I dont miss it. It's just another day to all of us. We usually even forget its halloween until we see the people all dressed. :0
ReplyDeleteAt church I let ZarsLayna and Isaac go together in the toddler room. She lasted about 10 min. and they brought her to me crying her little heart out. All of my children have been very attached to mama and daddy so I knew she wouldn't last long. She did better this time in the service. Not as good I we expect but better. She'll get it eventually. :)