Tuesday, October 7, 2008

oops I did it again...

Am I the only homeschooling mother to whip a history book across the house? Or just the only mother to admit it, perhaps?
What started off as a great day, wound up... well, with history books becoming airborne. I mean, my 7th grader tested into 11th grade spelling, and my 2nd grader into 5th. (yes, we JUST started our spelling curriculum- that is not the point) So I was feeling good, productive all that stuff.
We had a nice evening last night w/ some company we rarely spend time with. I was encouraged and challenged. This woman is on my top "who I wanna be when I grow up" list.
The Red Sox had a great game.
I went to bed w/ my house clean.
I woke up in time to make my husband lunch for work.
And in a matter of minutes I turn into Mr. Hyde.
I just finished my workout- I needed to release some energy. I was wishing I still had my TaeBo videos (c'mon, you all remember those!), or at least kickboxing. Weight training worked out fine.
I feel less stressed.
I apologized for scaring my children.
And I think and pray, "Oh, Lord, I failed again. Please help." And that is the extent of my prayer for now. He knows my heart, he sees my failures and shortcomings, and He probably ducked when I pitched my teacher's guide (no disrespect meant here at all)
Now, I'm going to eat chocolate, which will most likely give me a migraine, but I suppose the day cant' get any worse. And I might as well eat it while my blood is still pumping.

5 comments:

  1. Good to know you had a wonderful day! It's a good thing we have a DAD who knows how frustrating we are, and although HE could doesn't throw the book at us. He is patient and just. And knows exactly how to humble us. I hope tomorrow is better. Love You

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, good thing you werent here, she pitched that thing like she was Josh Beckett! It was going like 85mph!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry about my Disney posts tantalizing you! We got year passes and it's only 6 hours away and now my brother lives there... the rest is history. We'll get it out of our system this year!!

    Glad to hear other moms have those days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have whipped more than a few books in my day...and I screech at my learning disabled son because it is so frustrating when obviously he doesn't do what he does on purpose...he is DISABLED! You are not alone. "For now there is no condemnatin in Christ Jesus." I am so so glad that my sins were nailed onthat tree and when I fail I can look up with hope into the face of Jesus and know that His power is made perfect in my weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep I've thrown books of all sorts and in my younger days even dishes and brushes.

    ReplyDelete