Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Blessed is the man whom thou choosest, and causest to approach unto thee, that he may dwell in thy courts.

I'm up early with a migraine. I've been doing so well; managing them with diet and exercise- just keeping my body healthy. Well, stress has set in and I've been eating NONSTOP, and I am not exaggerating. And not healthy things either. So, I woke up at 1 am, paying for it. I did go back to sleep for a few hours, though.
I just realized yesterday that it was indeed the stress causing me to eat like a linebacker. I have not been exercising - too busy, ya know.
It is the move (this weekend; I am SO not ready) , the kids, homeschooling (the airborne history book? yeah it's been like that all week) , my hubby (not that he is doing anything wrong, it's just me; the air he breathes seems to offend me these days) , decisions about the future, finances, my 3 year old who yesterday alone managed to find matches, light them, burn himself (not badly, thank you God) burn my bedspread, later finding a sharpie and coloring on the only rug in the house ( we are really looking forward to getting our security deposit back- or should I say were) , the children squabbling. The list goes on.
Amidst it all, I have one constant. My God. I spend time each morning in His word, and time all day in prayer; even if lately it is just "Lord help me not to injure anyone" (yes, I really have prayed that in all seriousness). I know I am a wreck lately; have I mentioned hormonal, too? Yet I know, I would be way , way worse if I didn't have the Lord. Yes I want to be better, I know I could be (anyone familiar w/ Michelle Duggar- she blows my mind!) but I have to trust that God is working on me, one sin, one tantrum, one thrown textbook, one migraine, at a time.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I hear ya. Every day-EVERY SINGLE DAY-I have to wake and lean on the Lord-take deep breaths-choose not to be overwhelmed-trust God-Keep my eyes on Him...my post tomorrow ( the 23rd) is for people like you! Love and hugs! You are NOT alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. No, I don't homeschool but have great admiration for those who do. Homeschooling is very popular in my area but I don't have the courage—or patience—for it:) We DO have a lot of the same interests. I love Jan Karon and Beverly Lewis books. Will pray that your move goes well. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree it's so wonderful to have that one contstant in our lives Yeshua!! He is our strong tower!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went back to xanga
    here is the link..
    i know i am confusing! :)

    http://www.xanga.com/LivingInLilliput

    ReplyDelete