Sunday, April 19, 2009

Andrew Daigle

Early yesterday morning my husband's grandfather went to be with Jesus. He was suffering Alzheimer's and we knew he wasn't long for this world, but it is still sad, for us anyway. I cannot say enough good things about this man. He greeted most people with a hearty, "Praise the Lord!" He lived by example. He loved the Lord and it was so evident in everything he did. Even as the Alzheimer's took over his mind, he was still saying, "praise the Lord" constantly. A few weeks ago he was at church (his wife and my MIL got him there whenever they could). We were singing a hymn, I wish I could remember which one it was! But he was standing there, and at the chorus he began singing triumphantly! He didn't sing the words, but he knew that song! He knew the tune and he knew it's meaning.
Those of us that knew him are so much better for having him in our lives. I know that I am a better woman for having spent time with Pepere. Our youngest son, Andrew, is named for him; his great grandfather that he will probably never remember, but whose impact on our family and his many friends will last for a very very long time.

4 comments:

  1. So true. Oh the joy in heaven when a saint comes home...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for your loss...but I am so happy for his gain. May God be with you and your family in this time, as we know He is. May you feel His presence and comfort in a very real way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know its sad mom. but at least he's with jesus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just think about how awesome that it is that andy and my dad are chillin up in heaven together now with Jesus. How awesome is it that we are all united in Christ, and though we may not see him for a while we will see them once we join Jesus in heaven. Makes that fact of going to heaven even more joyful huh? I'm praying for you guys. I love you!

    ReplyDelete