Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring Cleaning and stuff

So yesterday was 'spring cleaning' day. It went well, except for my grumpy attitude! Boy did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed. The only good that came out of my 'grump' was that when I'm in a foul mood, I clean, on super speed! My poor husband was very patient with me.

I had my oldest clean the tub- that will be his job from now on because he did an awesome job! My girls did great cleaning under beds & bureaus. Sammy did quite a number cleaning out under his bed & in his closet. Even Andrew was a help, packing up gloves, boots & hats (you know it'll snow next week, now, right?) Oh, and Josh showed me how to fold out our windows to clean the outsides- I loved cleaning all the windows. He did awesome, doing our room from top to bottom, including closets, drawers and rearranging- I LOVE rearranging, but can't do our room because our bed's too bulky. It looks great! I'm thankful for our cleanup day, even if I didn't show it yesterday. Thank you guys!

I've been up for a bit since I splurged on brownies w/ the kids yesterday and have a mild headache.

Doing really well on my workouts/weight loss/ health kick (minus yesterdays brownies, of course) Andrew did the arm and abs segment of my kickboxing with me yesterday. It was so cute! Then we had to do arms again, since he loves the punching part! So I am quite sore today! But guess it worked out. (how many hours on the treadmill do you think a brownie is anyway...)

Going to go eat my cereal and get ready for church. Have a blessed day. I was looking forward to our 'high-56' weather today, until my MIL texted me from the Bahamas. Yeah, 80, and that was at 6:30 am. Hm!

Maddy Grace shared this verse with me yesterday: "And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Cor 13:13 How humbling to have your 8 year old come to you, excited about scripture! I'm so blessed. Even when I'm grumpy!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! We did some spring cleaning ourselves. I have a humourous post about it after Easter. What a precious thing to discuss scripture with little ones! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when my kiddos do that; get excited about a scripture verse they read and loved!

    I love cleaning my home and getting it all beautified! LOL! :)
    The simple but good things in life! :)

    ReplyDelete