Luke 23
39One of the criminals who hung there hurled insults at him: "Aren't you the Christ? Save yourself and us!"
40But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."
42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
40But the other criminal rebuked him. "Don't you fear God," he said, "since you are under the same sentence? 41We are punished justly, for we are getting what our deeds deserve. But this man has done nothing wrong."
42Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."
43Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."
This part of scripture has always intrigued me. How one man, faced with death still had a hardened heart; he would not see truth, even though it was literally right in front of him. Yet another man's heart was opened to the truth of the living gospel. He saw his own sin, and the necessity of punishment. And by seeing this, confessing it to Jesus, he was forgiven.
I pray that my heart will never become hardened, callous, to what Jesus has done for me.
"Father God forgive them , for they know not what they do" Wow. I have nothing more to add to that. Jesus said it all.
"It is finished"




Yes, thankyou for my daily devotion.
ReplyDeleteAmen!! :)
ReplyDeleteWhen one of my sons was little he was being attacked by fear and nightmares for many days in a row. Finally I told him the story of the cross and the words, "It is finished" and what they meant. (He had been told before but not the "It is finished" part) I told him that this enemy was already defeated. After anointing him with oil and his doorposts and praying over him and his room I had only to go in and say it is finished two more nights in a row and the nightmares stopped! Oh what our Savior did for us! ALL He accomplished!~ It makes me tremble!
ReplyDelete