We've been having some great family Bible times around here lately. Not 'scheduled' or even planned; just great talks!
So last night I asked the kids, when Daddy was home and right before prayer time, if they remember anything from our morning Bible reading. Would you believe they all did!?!?
One of the things we've been going over is James 4. Well, verse 4 talks about being a friend to the world and an enemy of God. I thought I had explained what 'world' meant, in this context, to my Sammy (6 years old). Apparently not. Last night he said, "I don't understand something. Is it bad that I love the forests and the dirt and bugs and animals?" You know, the stuff on this world? Oh my Sammy. Then, he asked, "well, what about the planets, they're not on this world, can we love those?" He is too cute! And he opened us up for a great talk on what really being a friend to the world means. At the end of our talk he said, "but if I do end up playing with kid who doesn't love God, I should tell him about Jesus, right, so that he can be a friend of God too?"
Sounds to me like he got the basic idea. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




That's awesome tan. God is sooo great isn't He? I was so blessed because you shared this lil story. Sammy, is gonna be an evangelist. I love you guys soo much.
ReplyDeletewoohoo, i didn't know you reopend your blog! Yea! Now I can get caught up. I have done the Raising Maidens of Virtue with my oldest 2 girls. Loved it. In fact, at one point we slowed down and missed a few weeks and she asked if we could start it up again. Cool! Hope you like it too. I think I got more out of Raising a Modern Day KNight than out of Bringing up Boys. More on that later....
ReplyDeleteGreat stuff! Good job mama! :)
ReplyDeletePrecious beyond belief! Too cute!
ReplyDelete