I had a wonderful time this weekend with my kids, especially on Friday with my
girls. We went to see "Annie", along with and thanks to my mother in law, and my niece. Side note- the girls got the tickets for Christmas and couldn't believe they had to wait until May 2 to see the play. Now it's come and gone and they got their first glimpse, I believe, of how time really does fly! Anyway, we were treated out to dinner before the play. Texas Roadhouse- yum! So much for diets with unlimited rolls and cinnamon butter, and fall off the bone ribs... getting hungry here! Then off to Providence. I had never been to the Providence Performing Arts Center; It was absolutely beautiful. We had wonderful seats- 4th row!
girls. We went to see "Annie", along with and thanks to my mother in law, and my niece. Side note- the girls got the tickets for Christmas and couldn't believe they had to wait until May 2 to see the play. Now it's come and gone and they got their first glimpse, I believe, of how time really does fly! Anyway, we were treated out to dinner before the play. Texas Roadhouse- yum! So much for diets with unlimited rolls and cinnamon butter, and fall off the bone ribs... getting hungry here! Then off to Providence. I had never been to the Providence Performing Arts Center; It was absolutely beautiful. We had wonderful seats- 4th row! The kids in the play did an amazing job, I was so impressed. Mrs. Hannigan was my favorite- what a character! Even 'Sandy' did great; even with my niece trying to call the dog off the stage so she could pet her!
The ride home opened us up for some good talks; about the play and about the world we live in. While "Annie" ended around 10:45, apparently lots of people in Providence were coming or going to clubs and concerts in that area. I'm sure you can imagine the state of (un)dress most girls were in. I was able to use that as examples to my girls and my niece of how God does NOT want us to dress. Also how quick we are to judge people by what they were wearing, but in return that is how people react when they see US. First impressions are important, and how we present ourselves says a lot.
Well, that was part of my fun filled weekend. Saturday I was ill most of the day; paying for eating 346 rolls, I think. My Sammy spent the night with a friend. What a blessing because he rarely gets to do things like that. He is such a fun, easy going kid and loves to play with his buddies. Josh took the other boys and Dex on a nice bike ride Saturday when the sun peeked out! We finished off the weekend with rehearsal last night for Friday's recital. The kids are doing great. Speaking of kids, I gotta go wake them up...




That's a lot of rolls! Good thing you got rid of yours before you went....
ReplyDeleteSounds like fun. I want to go next time!