
A new, but already special, friend just gave me 2 new books. I have already devoured one of them. "Raising Maidens of Virtue" It is absolutely amazing. It is using scripture to transform the way I think; about raising my daughters, but also about how I conduct myself. Add this to the tons of insight I am gaining by reading Dr. Dobson's "Bringing up Boys" (recommended by a special blog friend) and I think I'll have this parenting thing down in no time... Or not, since I've been a mother for almost 14 years and am still clueless! :) 
I am sure of the power of the Word of God, and am spending much time in it. I am burdened for the future of my children, and the awesomeness of my responsibility is at times overwhelming. But I believe that I am learning so much at this critical time for a reason. I do not believe in 'coincidences'. I believe that God causes all things to work together for good; I've seen this an unbelievable amount of times in my own life!

I am sure of the power of the Word of God, and am spending much time in it. I am burdened for the future of my children, and the awesomeness of my responsibility is at times overwhelming. But I believe that I am learning so much at this critical time for a reason. I do not believe in 'coincidences'. I believe that God causes all things to work together for good; I've seen this an unbelievable amount of times in my own life!
My prayer for myself is that the Word God is intending to seep into my mind, make it there and stay there. That I will grow as a mother. That I will lead my children towards God. That I can lead by example. That my family will not be swayed by this scary world we live in , but will continue to count on God for all things. And I highly recommend both of these books to any parent!




Sounds like a great book. Sounds vrey similar to other books I have raised on bringing up daughters.
ReplyDeleteI love learning and how G-d uses books just like this!
Being a mama is a huge responsibility.
If had had daughter I think I would have liked that book. Your heart is known by God. There is nothing more special to Him than the prayers of a mother's heart. We cannot be the mother we want to be. We will always fall short, but God's love covers over the mulititude of our failures; and He will use our mistakes to refine our children. We can trust in His promise that if we train them up in the way that they should go they will not depart from it. We can trust that He is the one who began a good work in them and HE will be the one to complete it. Rest in His grace. He loves your children more than you. What precious heart you have after the Lord and for your high calling of mother-God will honor that! Praise His name! Blessings to you!
ReplyDelete