Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Confessions

First confession: I love Tuesdays. I really wake up on Tuesdays thinking, "Yes! American Idol and House. What a day!" Loser? yeah, close to it! And then I watch 2 hours of mind numbing TV w/ no benefit to me whatsoever. ( I do fold all my laundry during 'Idol', though)

Second confession, I've been like a time bomb. The strangest things have set me off lately. Like on Sunday, driving home from church. Three of the kids were scattered to friends' houses. The littlest was going to sleep, and Maddy couldn't wait to watch her new movie. So I was looking forward to some... quality time with hubby! Then he missed our exit. No big deal, right? Not to me. I was furious for like 2 hours! Why? I dunno. But was I heated. Or the next day, a broken glass, no big deal, I handled it fine. But when a cup of water was spilled on the table, full of school books, of course, you would've thought it was the end of the world. And it was water! No sticky, no stains, way better than spilling juice! But put me in a mood for quite a while.

While I've been dealing so much better with the bigger things in life, now it's the small things that just take me down! I've been praying for wisdom in dealing w/ those 'big deals', and I've had it. So then, what is my issue?

So, I guess I'd better get on with my day. As I sit here, the children are having a tag team wrestling match, right in front of me, complete w/ referee. This is my final confession, I have no problem postponing our school day for worthy activities. Monday's romp in the snow, complete w/ armadillo hunt. Today's , uh, exercises? I better intervene before someone gets hurt...
too late, as I was spellchecking, Josie was wounded, I'm sure you heard the screams!
I'm off to do flashcards, fractions, and phonics!

3 comments:

  1. I am singing. Can you hear me? Sing with me. For I too have trouble with the little things. It is so much nicer to blog of the good, but refreshing to know I have company in the bad. So sing with me and we will dwell on the good. God is good. Life is good. Those wrestling children are worth every bit of it. and so you sing with me....
    What shall we sing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's sing...
    that noah's ark song! It will take us a month! Maybe the kids will be done wrestling by then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have those days! I just have to take a deep breath! And plaster a smile on my face. :) Do you see it now?? :)

    ReplyDelete