So, I feel the need to compare & contrast my workout options. Yeah, I know, boring, but it's been on my mind. And since my regular journal is now collecting dust, y'all get stuck w/ it.
So I've been known to say I hate Pilates. Not entirely true. I really enjoy the stretching & relaxation technequies. They work. I feel totally relaxed after doing them. Granted, not as good as a massage (my sister-in-law is an NCMT so if you want info, let me know) but pretty close.
Next there's Zumba, which I love. Thanks again, Kim. It is basically dancing. To spanish music no less. What could be better? It get's my heart pumping, I work up a sweat, therefore I feel like I've been excercising, and not just trying to be a contortionist. And it is so fun. I love to dance, and it's not like I get the chance very often. Family weddings & parties are getting fewer and farther in between. That is the only place I dance- I've never been to a club, nor do I want to! So, I love doing that, yet I feel I'm not exactly targeting the areas I need to target , ahem, my gut.
My newest endevor is resistance training using excercise bands. That is kinda fun. Nah, never mind, fun is the wrong word. It is challenging and not boring. It targets specific areas, and I understand the concept of building muscle in order to burn fat. I have read that builing up one pound of muscle can burn up to 50 calories a day just to maintain it. Yes, your science lesson for the day. So I now do that , too.
Now, if you've read this far, you might be wondering, am I a muscle head, conceited, or just have a boring life w/ too much time on my hands. Nah, none of those things. The evidence of my five children still rest upon my abs & hips. I'd like to be in better health. I need more energy to play ball, wrestle, bike ride and dance with my kids. I wanna be attractiver (a word? I think not) to my hubby. Oh, and most of my friends weigh like 95 pounds soaking wet, so I gotta fit in with them to be cool! lol
So, those are my deep musings for the day. I just wonder sometimes if it is a waste of my time? Hmm.. Now, I'm gonna lay on the couch and eat bonbons. Ha, just kidding. The only time I sit down is when I'm writing on this silly blog!
Friday, January 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Or when you watch American Idol....Come on your friends know you pretty well you know!
ReplyDeleteI've been to the gym 3X this week and I weigh more than when I started. I think it was the box of grasshoppers. I also think when we can blog a blog without the mention of food and chocolate maybe we will be getting somewhere. heehee
Off to eat cake...