Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Confessions

Okay, I've got to tell you all something. It is kind of embarrassing, but I'm all about the honesty.

So, most days, I don't have too much to blog about, or even want to. But then there are times where I'd like to write 10 posts a day. But I don't. Because I am an addict. A comment fiend. I will not write a new post unless I have at least 1 comment on my last one. How pathetic is that?

Now, for the psychological breakdown. I have spent a majority of my life trying to please others, and usually feeling like I had failed. I always sought approval from others. I have always wanted to be liked, to be the funny one, or the witty one, or the smart one, or even *gulp* the attractive one. Thanks to the work of God in my life, I have totally moved past those times in my life. Or so I thought. I see now that my love of comments was me trying to get people's approval, acceptance or even just recognition.

One of the most important things I've learned in the past 4+ years, is that I now know where my identity lies. It is not in how I look, how I sound, what I say, or what I've done. My accomplishments, which are great and I have accomplished much -not on my own strength- do not define me. Who I am now, in Christ, is where the real "ME" is. Were it not for His redeeming work on the cross, I would have nothing; be nothing.

I've said it over and over again, but it is true, it is me. I am eternally grateful for the saving grace of Jesus Christ. I continue to be amazed by my God's complete and satisfying interest in my life. He blesses me daily with HIS approval, HIS acceptance HIS recognition. Anything beyond that, is just a bonus.

Now, as we all know, there is nothing wrong with wanting to connect w/ people; that's part of why we blog. There's is lots of good to come from that. As long as I keep my focus, I think I'll be all right. If I want to blog again in an hour (well, I'll be asleep in 5 minutes, but you get the point) If I have a story to share, a word of praise, a need for prayer or just a funny story to write about, I will, regardless of who has read it, cared one bit or commented.

4 comments:

  1. Well, here is at least your one comment. LOL! I appreciate your honesty. We do so much in this world and it is the spirit of the fear of man that motivates us. We are told to do all things unto the glory of God...not our glory or for man's praise. It is hard. I have a few blogs I visit every day and always leave a comment. I don't always get a comment returned from these people. Every now and then I have this ugly thought that I am not going to visit any more till I get a comment from them, but I stop and ask myself a few questions. Is that treating others the way I would like to be treated? Remember you reap what you sow, I tell myself! So I keep visiting anyway and I keep leaving comments anyway. You know I like keeping it real! LOL! Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I have felt and been in the same place! :)
    I look forward to reading your many many blogs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol - I do read your blog, I don't always have time to comment, but I do keep up! :-) I also appreciate all your comments - it makes me happy! :-) I love blogging. And I like reading about your nothing-to-blog-about blog entries! I hope you enjoyed your "off" time - my "off" time is tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would comment but all your posts are too grown up for a not quite 13year old to understand :D
    but u can still comment mines :)

    ReplyDelete