Thursday, September 11, 2008

Whoa, slow down, please...

Life seems to be flying by these days.
School has begun again. I've been blessed beyond belief w/homeschool material and curriculum, for free. So I'm really enjoying using these different books, and trying to enjoy every minute of teaching my children.
My Husband is probably (you all can pray for this) going to be getting a new job. A job we've been praying about for years. This will mean quite a few changes for us; but as long as we're together, I'll try anything.
I've been 'experimenting' w/ my headaches and what causes them. I know now, that living most of my life as a junk food junkie has had it's toll. Yes, the pounds, but also how I feel. Just yesterday I had a PB&J. No big deal, right? Wrong. Organic Peanut butter, whole grain bread, and Welch's Jelly. Guess which one was full of unnatural... junk? And I woke up today w/ a headache. It's nice to know the cause, or at least part of it, of the years of migraines. And now I feel more in control. I know that if I chomp on cookies, chips, fast-food, or other junkfood, I'll pay for it. So, I am thankful for a lesson learned.
And finally, this evening, I smelled fall. Autumn. I took Dex outside and just breathed it in. I don't love the winter, or being cold. So fall is always a kind of mellow time for me. But I was reminded that w/o fall, there would be no summer for me to love. Without the death of trees, flowers, and all things green; there would be no time of birth and blooming. And I'm reminded of my Saviour. Without His death; I would not have life.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear school is going well! Ours is "going" but not as good as I would like...then again, I am a perfectionist, and, well, having a 5 and 2 year old doesn't lend itself to being precise and on time!

    We are working on it though!

    Funny you should mention the smell of autumn...today, Willard said.."mom, I can smell the breeze" (we were getting out of the van, walking toward the grocery store). " I like it." I asked him what it smelled like. He said "Cheese!"

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John has always had migraines too. It's also food related for him too. He hs to be careful of what is in the food he eats. I have only hd one migraine and it was so bad i was contemplating tearing my head off just so I could be free of it. I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You have to enable your feed for your blog so I can follow it in my blogger home page! I don't remember how to do it off the top of my head but we can facebook tonight and go through it together. :)

    BTW, it was so great chatting the other night!

    ReplyDelete