Saturday, September 20, 2008

Just some stuff. ( I title a lot of my posts this way. Where is my creativity? Oh, yeah, I packed it!)

Why do my kids get up with the sun on weekends, but I need to drag them from bed on schooldays? Why do they fly to play outside when it is like 53 degrees (I swear that is what my thermometer says!) but in the summer they want to be inside? The 5 of them are outside, playing like angels. I love it. Of course, they are making concoctions out of whatever they find in the woods, which will turn into an all day game, and a gigantic mess! I love it when they play like this, together, all of them, working together, having fun. Josh is the boss, of course, and he is directing them in what they should be doing, but they are listening to him, and there are no arguments! Why can't they play so peacefully together all the time?

Anyway, that was not what I intended to write when I sat down 5 minutes ago. Huh. I actually forgot what I was going to write about...

We started co-op yesterday. I love it! I feel it is such an important part of our home school now. I pray we'll be able to continue it, when the new job begins, and our move happens. Lots of changed will be made. Which I am fine with; I will do what I need to do to keep my family running smoothly and happily.

I am doing lots of packing. It's hard to know what to pack; the things we don't need right now; and what to save for last. I'm cleaning out a lot of stuff; toys, clothes, etc. I have the Big Brother/ Big Sister people doing a pick up next week, so I need to be done w/ my cleaning out by then.
I did pack up, to get rid of, all my size 12's. I considered doing the same w/ my 10's, but that's too scary. Yeah, I'm mostly in 8's (except in Old Navy. C'mon you know we all love Old Navy for their messed up sizing. I'm a solid Old Navy 6! Woo hoo!) Anyway, the thought of having nothing to wear if I gain back a few pounds is terrifying! Does anyone else feel the same? Just me? Ah well.

Okay, are you getting that this is a 'fall look' for my layout? Cuz that's what I'm going for here! The last one was too spring!

I guess that's it for my fluff post. I don't feel guilty for sitting and writing about nothing. I allowed myself until 11 today to relax. And then, back to work. Since it's not even 10, I'm ahead of schedule. I hope I have enough boxes to do what I planned today...

5 comments:

  1. Woohoo, size 6, that is awesome. Yes, chuck the bigger sizes, no safety net!
    I love when the kids play outside, so wonderful. But it's over 100 still here. Lizzy's big concern are bees on the playset where she swings and sings at the top of her lungs with her iPod shuffle. So cute. I have been remiss in reading your blog. SO sorry. I will go back and get caught up now, so I may have some comments back a few days. You're a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your kids enjoy themselves together. That is such a blessing. We start co op Tuesday. It was delaye due to all the power outages after Ike hit. Praying all the moving issues go well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When is the BIG moving day??
    Are you moving back into NB? Will you beliving in a house or tenement?
    Ya I think Mo is a very pretty young lady as our my other two dd's. Their beauty is of course Yeshua shining out from the inside of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanya...you had asked about posting something from our homeschooler's blog on yours...please feel free! We would just appreciate a link back to our site :)
    Thanks!
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, sounds like you and I had better keep a close eye out or we just might end up wearing each other's pants all weekend! :) And yeah...I love Old Navy's crazy sizing. I said that way back when I was a 14 and I slid right into a 12. Gotta love their new jeans! ;) See you soon, wheeeee!

    ReplyDelete