We're leaving shortly for a week in NH, our annual Daigle family trip. But I needed to post first.
I will be brief. Yesterday I had probably the scariest, worst experience of my life. I will not go into detail. I will only say this. As soon as it happened, I KNEW, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that my GOD had kept something far, far worse from happening. That was my only thought. And it amazes me, that although horrible things happen, how often we take for granted that it could be much, much worse. (I'm sorry if that sentence doesn't make sense)
People, this world is turning, and we often feel we are in control of our futures. We are NOT. God is in control. He knows every choice you make, before you make it. He knows every hair on your head. He is there. He is real. Regardless of what you believe about Him, He believes in you.
And He cares, and protects, and shields us more than we know. I am thankful that I was reminded of that. My God truly, truly cares about every little thing I do. And He keeps me safe. And He loves me. Basic truths to your 'average believer', but how often do we remember this. I pray that I am aware, from now on, of my God and HIS omnipresence in my life.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Amen, sister! You have guardian angels as well - you can't have mine though, I need them.
ReplyDeleteThe funny thing about your blog is, I had this very exact thought yesterday. I actually lost my jean jacket here, and it's the only jacket I have. I was a bit upset about the whole thing - now having to go out and spend twice as much on a jacket than I would in the US. But then I thought, "this could be a passport, or a wallet, or my purse.. or I could die" then I realized, it wasn't so bad. So yeah, I get it. I hope everything is okay with you and that there is no tragedy.
BTW - I got your comment this morning, and yes - as you can see, I can see your blog.
Have fun in NH, and Be safe! :-)
Have a safe trip and a great time! I see you figured out how to fix the blog issue. That was weird! I had it too!
ReplyDeleteWow, I'm reading Stepping Heavenward and the same wonderful truthes come through. God is in control and His plan is perfect. When we rest in Him, the peace is beyond our understanding.
ReplyDeletePraying you have a wonderful week! Post the pics, you know I love GREEN!
WHAT HAPPENED?!??! Glad you're OK. :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteso true!
ReplyDelete