What a fun, great night! I had a blast! I think I will end every sentence w/an
exclamation point!
Getting off the T; and not messing up and taking the wrong one like we did last time; into
downtown Boston was just great. Actually knowing which T's to take, and people asking US for help and directions! Now, I am not a city girl at heart, but there's something about Boston that just thrills me. The people, the buildings, the activity, the history, the scalpers shoving cash in your face to buy your tickets, before you even get above ground, the poor, downtrodden and fakers, hanging around w/empty cups, the street musicians, the smells of food, because you know there are sports bars as far as the eye can see. Oh, I just loved it.
So I was pumped before I even got to Fenway.
Then, walking into America's Favorite Ballpark. So great, so great. And finally, coming up the ramp, into the seating arena, with the lights making it brighter than noontime, getting the amazing view of the field- the lush grass, the rich red dirt, and the pristine white lines along foul territory- words escape me. It's not beauty like the Grand Canyon, or the Rocky Mountains, but to a naive country bumpkin like me (slight exaggeration? perhaps) it was wonderful.
Aaannd, on top of that, Josh and I had the best time, laughing, rushing to make our trains, cheering, groaning -because the Sox lost and played like little leaguers,but that is besides the point- and just enjoying one anothers company.
So, now that I've bored you with my ramblings, I can bore you with my pictures. I was such a tourist, but who cares!
Do you see my joy? I'm smiling like the Joker.
The View, from our seats. Not too shabby, eh?
The bad guys. OK, just the other team.
My boy, Josh Beckett.
Beckett again, w/ Mike Lowell in the background.
" YOOOOOOOOOUUUK"
(If you don't know what that means, then shame on you!)
Our perfect view of the Green Monster.
A personal trainer ,I assume, helping Big Papi stretch out. My pics are all out of order here, sorry people. I can only imagine how this will look when I post it. Ah, well.
Great view of the Red Sox dugout. Don't know why it's fuzzy, and I don't know who that is in the batting helmet. Think it's JD Drew, but not sure.
Our pathetic attempt at the wave. See some hands up? We eventually did get it, though.
Uh, I don't know why I took this picture. It's not of that guy though. I believe someone was at bat.
Beckett again. Oops, I think this is a double. and I don't know how to delete pictures. Deal.
Double again? Again, oh well.
I'm hoping when I hit publish post, all my captions line up w/ the appropriate picture. I've spent far too long on this as it is. I have other things to do, that are completely not related to the Red Sox.




awesome! Awesome!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great time! Good for you! :-)
ReplyDeleteWow! Great pics. What a wonderful it me. It is so refreshing to see one enjoying life so much as you did at the ball park. I am so glad it was a grand time for you!
ReplyDelete