Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vermont Pictures



This is the road to the side of the house where we stayed. The River, OUR river, ran parallel to this road. Perfect. Just close enough to the house for convenience, but just far enough to keep the kids from running there at every second!



This swing is where I attempted to do my reading. My goal was every morning, in reality, it was like 4 times. Better than nothing.


The barn. Funny, when we were there, we could see how slanted it was.
That doesn't show in this picture!

The front of the main house. See 'my' swing?


Our river.
There is a dam here. It was not there last week. We built it.
What a fun project that was. About 10 adults in the river, 10+ kids, all of us hauling rocks.
It made a nice waterfall after the rain raised the water level in the river.
And we had a nice little swimming hole. How perfect it was!

A mountain view


And another.
We had a really nice time. An actual relaxing vacation. We were blessed.
I will write more details another time. The 8 loads of laundry I came home with are calling me...



7 comments:

  1. hey you,

    I'm actually keeping up with my blog for once, and i'm so not feeling the love, what's up with that? I see how you roll..lol. I miss you, like for real. We should hang out soon. I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics. It all looked so refreshing and relaxing. I too am dealing with laundry and the brute force of life hitting you in the face upong returning. But it IS good to get away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you take lovely pictures! Looks like a great setting. Glad you had a nice time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dude...ummmm..what's going on u protesting my blog or something? I feel neglected, it's so unlike to have no 2 sense to add in...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would KILL to be in that green, peaceful surrounding. So beautiful! I could hear the creek babbling. What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete