We leave on Saturday afternoon for our trip to Vermont. I am looking forward to it. Vacations are always fun; and lots of work. But since we are renting a house-for all 28 of us- instead of camping, I'm thinking it will be... different. Who knows. An adventure, I'm sure. I know there are lots of different people with different lifestyles. Granted, we have a lot of things in common; like the children, homeschooling, music, our church, and , most importantly, our faith.
But we also have differences; who doesn't. The ages range from 9 mos to... grandparents. Josh and I are probably the most 'relaxed' set of parents, while others are more strict. I hope that doesn't cause any problems. Our children are night owls, while some incredibly blessed parents have their kids asleep by 7. I guess I'm a little worried, but not overly.
Then there is the fact of most everyone I know seeing me first thing in the morning! Hey, they'll all head for the hills, and Josh and I will have the house to ourselves! LOL.
I have lots of little things to finish around here, like the final packing, the cleaning of my house- my brother will be house/pet sitting for us, and I don't want to leave him a disaster area. Got some shopping to do tomorrow, final things to buy, pick up, etc. But all in all, I am excited about a week in Vermont. I'll try to post again before we leave. But if not, you all will know I haven't fallen of the earth, I'm just travelling a small ways away, for a little while.
I also have to add this: I sent Andrew into the bathroom to go potty before his nap today. Then I heard him say, "oh, no". So I went in there to see his pants around his ankles, and a bucket in his hands and a puddle in front of him. After I questioned him, I discovered that he was attempting to go potty in the bucket- and missed!
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Your trip to vermont sounds very fun! When do you get back? Next weekend?
ReplyDeleteBest of Luck!
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I could do it with that many people!
Hope you have loads of fun and fellowship!
Oh! Have a wonderfully blessed time. It can be hard melding different lives together for a short period of time...but I hope it all goes well for you. I will be praying for traveling mercies for you!
ReplyDelete