Friday, February 8, 2008

Personality

I read this this morning, and was trying to figure out where I fit. If you all tell me what kind of personality you have, I'll share mine. Or you can tell me what you think I am. Uh-oh. You show me yours, I'll show you mine, type of thing. Your personality, that is...

In her book, Personality Plus, Florence Littauer describes four personality types. See if you can relate to the desires and emotional needs of one or two of these:
Phlegmatic: Desires PEACE Needs times of quiet, reduced stress, feeling of worth, relaxation

Choleric: Desires CONTROL Needs appreciation for achievements, opportunity for leadership, and participation in decisions

Sanguine: Desires FUN Needs attention, affection, approval, activity with people

Melancholy: Desires PERFECTION Needs sensitivity, stability, support, space, silence

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:13

Psalm 139:13, "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,"

Psalm 139:1, "Lord, you have searched me and you know me."

This is something I often struggle with. I'm thankful that I can know that God made me who I am, and I AM (gulp) wonderfully made. It seems boastful to say that, but if it's written in the Bible, I know it's true. Whew, makes me feel a lot better about me.

4 comments:

  1. I am a little of all those. Ha. I took the test a few years back. I think I was a sanguine.
    The book was great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are indeed wonderfully made! :-)

    I was thinking what Christine said, that I see a bit of myself in all of those.

    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude..i so took a test of those and i'm half sanguine and half melancholy.. pretty much up the middle, it's a weird combo, but it is what it is. Makes life interesting. i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm. I am sanguine. I think my hubby is choleric, but if you asked him he would probably say melancholic. Great verses--we've definitely been in the same class, so to speak, learning the same stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete