Thursday, February 28, 2008

Random Rants of a Rambler

Okay so I feel like Taz. Got a bunch of thoughts in my head I wanna get out. Here goes:
Had coffee today after 2 1/2 days w/o it. What a blessing. I can't deal w/ being sick. So I guess I'm on the mend. Yet my neck is soooo stiff. Feels like I pulled it working out, but I haven't even thought about exercise in like a week. And I've been sleeping great, so I don't think that's the issue. Oh, well. At least I'm not kneeling before the 'bowl' anymore. I probably would have felt better yesterday, but I had to clean, bleach and disinfect my house as soon as I could. Not the smartest thing to do when you have no energy and a spray bottle feels like it weighs 50 lbs.
Gotta get to school today. Between semi-vacation, Peperes' death & funeral, then our sickness, I think my kids forgot that we home school. And I'm tempted to skip today, too, cuz tomorrow is co-op, so we don't have home classes, so why not wait til Monday? Because I'm a procrastinator, that's why. I could put off school until 2010! All with good reasons, too!
Joined netflix. Love it. No late fees!!!
My husband looked so great in his suit on Monday. (don't tell him I said this, he'd be so embarrassed!) The last time he wore one was when we got married. And now, he wants to go get one, tailored and all, figuring he'll use it if he has it. ;) I'm waiting for my mother in law to send me a picture so I can put it up here. He wouldn't let me take one of him, but he let his mother- go figure. He also took great care of me & the kids during our dark days. Can't complain. And, thank God, he didn't get sick. What a man.
When I let Dex out this morning, it wasn't quite snowing. But I guess it was. Its like the snowflakes were just hovering. And they were so tiny you could barely see them. But it was beautiful. And refreshing to breathe in crisp, clean air! It amazes me that no two snowflakes look alike. This is true, right? This is high on the list of stuff that God does that I'm like, 'huh'? Not very eloquent, but fully describes my awe.
I read a blog yesterday about winter, the season, and of our souls. Yeah, am I there. And so thankful that God ends this frigid cold, even in New England (even if it is in May), and that He can, and has, and does bring me out of my winter doldrums. Lifts my spirits into spring. That blog got me back into my daily bible reading, which I'm about a week behind on, so I'm thankful for that. And I pray that for today, as a start, there'll be spring in my step and in my soul.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure there is as much of a spring in your step as there is ouch in your falls. LOL!!! I felt special that i called and you tried so hard to get to the phone that you busted your ... Hopefully you'll feel not so much in pain soon. Thank you for making every effort to get to the phone, and even calling me back. Your amazing!! Btw i believe i am suppose to say your page looks absolutely stunning darling..it def does. I liketh the colors. Good stuff, def up to my approval.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back. It would be so easy to let winter get to you after a funeral. Praying that spring wells up in your soul. Oh, and I hear you about the home schooling. It is a choice every day to do what I know I should do! LOL! Speaking of which...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, had i known it was you, i'd a let it ring (like i usually do when you call LOL) and then i wouldn't have fallen. you should ask me for forgiveness! I go from sick to injured. what is God trying to teach me here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I get those "huh?" moments all the time and it makes me think that people who don't believe in God just must not think about it very much. Y'know?

    Because, really, any serious look at all into the big hugeness of the universe or the infinitesimal smallness of the makeup of our cells and how our body works on a cellular level...and how it all --all of it--echoes everything else and just screams "I was CREATED!" :)

    ReplyDelete