Saturday, June 7, 2008

Don't ever say you don't have any problems!

I spent a few minutes on the phone yesterday with a dear friend. She was sharing with me a problem, yet felt bad about 'bugging me', saying she knew I had problems of my own. I assured her that I didn't have any problems! I was more than happy to lend an ear to her, and be at peace with my life the way it was. Silly me.

Within an hour, I had a problem. Granted, I was not unaware of it. And it is a problem that most of us are facing, especially with this economy crisis. It is just financial stuff. But, it is a problem, and it blew up in my face right after my proclamation of living problem free! Ironic, huh?

Anyway, I searched w/in myself for the answers. But, I am happy to say, I very quickly gave that up (besides, I didn't have any anyway!), and turned to One who knows my problems, before they even happen. I gave this crisis to Him. Then pleaded with Him for help. I asked for wisdom. Many times in the past 30 hours, have I asked for wisdom.

And I have already received some answers. My darling, hard-working, wonderful hubby, whom I love so much, was offered the position, for next week as supervisor. I believe this is a trial run until he is made permanent first shift supervisor. I am so proud of him. He amazes me with the things he knows, and his mechanical abilities (along w/ his many other talents...) And, of course, with great power comes great- responsibility. Oh, I mean a raise! Thank you Lord. And there is answer numero uno.

Secondly, an opportunity for me presented itself. In a month, my great-grandmother's home health aid will be on 3 weeks vacation. Yup, I'll be stepping in. I am very excited for this opportunity. It is a financial blessing, and time with family. Granted, I'll have to only speak in Spanish, since the woman has lived in America for over 40 years, and refused to learn English. But that's okay, it'll help refresh the language in my mind, and in speaking. Also, she has dementia, so can be very... mean and vicious. But I'll be praying for God to use me in some way, in her life.

I have also been toying with the idea of doing housecleaning in Westport. Nothing like a full-time business. Just a way to make extra money. Now, it looks like full steam ahead.

So, within a day of said problem presenting itself- the problem being, uh, we're kinda broke- the Lord handed us at least 2 ways out of this hole. He is also apparently teaching us to wait. Because both of these things, will take time, in the payout department. We have to wait. I have to wait. Remember my post about open/shut doors? Well, I'll be hanging out on the door steps for a little while, until all of this stuff is straighted out. And I am okay with that.

My mom has been another answer to prayer; she loves to give us groceries! Again, thank you Lord! Now, if I could just find someone who wanted to fill Josh's gas tank twice this week, so he can get to work and rock at this new position (did I mention he works almost an hour away?), we'll be living la vida loca. Nah, we'll just be blessed. More blessed. Abundantly blessed. No, I think we are all of those things already. So what do I call it when someone sends me a Mobil/Texaco/7-11/ Shell/ Cumberlands/Citgo Gas card? Well, if I get one, I'll let you know what we are then called.

5 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad to hear everything is working out :-) And I promise to not say I never have any problems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God always comes through for us in our financial needs. I have been shown again and again the verse about the righteous not begging for bread. God is good. If you are anything like me you want more sure definite anwers with a laid out plan and often He provides more slowly, day to day, moment to moment. That is a walk of faith. Hard hard thing to do...but such great rewards as you see how faithful God is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna see you saturday! I'm gonna see you saturday!! WOOHOO!!!:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great story of allowing God to work!! Thanks for sharing it. These are hard times

    ReplyDelete