Why does this sound like a report assigned in school; 'what did you do this weekend?' Well, I did LOTS, let me tell you. First of all, I'd like to assure you all (and DSS) that my son has been firmly planted on the ground. No more roofing for him- Thank you Lord.
My Josalynn's recital went beautifully, you can see some pics here, if you'd like. She did wonderful!
I had a great time on Saturday morning, having breakfast with an old friend. Well, technically, I feel like she's a new friend. We're getting to know each other on a whole new, real level. The way we should have years ago. But God has allowed us a new start, so I'm glad for that. She was too chicken to post our self portraits on her blog, so I'll put mine up. Keep in mind, for some reason, I find holding a camera at arms length and pushing a button very difficult! LOL
And then there was Father's Day. Of course, I didn't think to take one picture until about 11 last night, so it was too late. We had a low-key kind of day. The children and I made breakfast for Daddy. He got his homemade cards and a Red Sox shirt from the kids. Then it was off to church, dinner @ Josh's parent's house, dessert @ my parent's house. Just letting our dads know we're thinking of them and appreciate them.
I've been doubly blessed. I was raised by my step-dad, and we've only grown closer over the years. I read on Friday how Joseph was Jesus' step-father. Which I'd never really thought in depth about before. So I shared that with my dad, and I hope it touched him as much as it did me. The idea of my dad choosing to be my dad, choosing to raise me, to love me- that just means the world to me. I am also growing closer to my biological father, whom I will always refer to as 'my father', where my step-dad is 'my dad'. Anyway, these 2 men have greatly shaped and influenced the woman I've become. I've learned immensely from them, and I thank God for the both of them.
Finally, my husband. I could go on for pages and pages (even now, as I am a little ... miffed. As I'm typing I'm feeling my righteous anger [LOL] subside) about what an amazing man, husband and father he is. He puts up with me, so right there, he qualifies for sainthood. And he puts up with our children; who are eerily picking up on all the irritating things I do, and copying them; with patience and understanding. He teaches them. He leads by example. He has fun with them; baseball, football, wrestling, dirt bikes, ATVs, building fires, dancing with the girls (they swear they hate when daddy tries to dance, but I know they love it!) The list goes on. I just needed to make mention of a portion of how much Josh means to me, and to our family. He doesn't just provide for us, he is the heart of us. And I thank God for him, on Father's Day, and every day. Now I have to go apologize for being a jerk to him!
I suppose I've rambled enough. This seems way too long to be a blog post, but it is what it is. And that concludes my report for what I did this weekend.
~~~I HAVE TRIED 5 TIMES TO UPLOAD PICTURES. BLOGGER WON'T LET ME DUE TO AN "INERNAL ERROR". I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. I SHALL TRY AGAIN TOMORROW. UGH~~~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




ya I like one of the pics you sent me so maybe I will put that one on my blog! maybe..LOL! :)
ReplyDeleteYour weekend was full and I am glad I got to be a part of it!:) Love ya!
Oh and have to share with you...I am so freaking out if my jumping and screaming haven't given it away already! I weighed tonight knowing to take off a few lbs for eating today, and anyway I have lost more weight up to 52-53 lbs now and only about 4-5 lbs until my 3rd weight loss goal. I am so excited!
If the internal error keeps happening you may have to clear your cache. Now, I know my saying that probably makes your head spin - so I won't get into detail on why, but what you'll want to do is the following: Go to the Tools Menu, Select Internet Options... click on the Delete Files button and wait for it to be done. Then, close ALL of your browsers and re-open and try again. If that doesn't work then re-boot. :-) Love, Your Favorite Technician
ReplyDeleteWhat nice thigns you said a bout the men in your life! That is awesome! Looking forward to some pics! That's frustrating!
ReplyDeletehahaha..i still can't get over that he was on the roof...lol. Your indeed blessed girly to have 2 dads. I miss my father very much. Don';t ever take your time with them for granted the people in our lives are only here for a short time. So take the time to be with the people you love and care about before you miss your chance. I love you!
ReplyDelete