Thursday, March 13, 2008

Boot camp, etc.

Again, a bunch of thought running around in my mind. Bear with me.
I haven't been here in a few days, because I finally gave in to the myspace craze. I did nothing but talk bad about it for a long time. But I've been really wanting to keep in touch with members of my family (like my 23 cousins on my moms side, to start with). I tried getting every one's email address, but that didn't work. So this myspace network was a way to do that. It does bother me that some people are completely... I dunno, just out there. I can't let my kids see any one's page that I don't' know, because a lot of their user names include nasty words & phrases. And the pictures some people use are enough to make me blush. But I weighed the good and bad. And I know I'm not gonna be swayed in my thinking or my actions by the actions of others online. So, I did it. I also feel that I can use it as a way to share what I believe. So, I did that , too. And I think I'll continue to post things that that just make people think a little bit more. Those are my intentions. We'll see how it goes.
On another note, I got some great ideas about 'family boot camp' from a fellow sister and blogger. So I've been implementing some changes. One of them is to have the children answer, when I ask, 'how do we obey?' They reply, 'right away, all the way, in a happy way' ! I just love that! (Thank you, my dear, you know who you are!) But I have not used the term 'boot camp' with them, although that was a great idea for the changes we're making. So, last night, in the car, the children were telling daddy the way they obey. Then my oldest piped in with, "It's like boot camp at home, Dad, while your at work." Well, I was thrilled to hear that! Thrilled that they see a difference and consistency and strictness in our discipline and routine. And thrilled that my son saw it that way, when that was how I was thinking of it.
I am thankful for God's help in keeping me more consistent w/ the children than I've probably ever been. They are, generally speaking, 'good kids'. But, I know that I need to be diligent in my training them up in the way that they should go, so that when they grow, they will not depart from it!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are being a good mama! Way to go!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bott camp huh?!?! INteresting..it's good to be a grown up..lol ANyways, i'll be praying for you guys. Who knows maybe when i come back ur kids will be answering yes ma'am no sir, ATTENTION!!!! LOL..am i allowed to tell ur "oldest" to get down and give me 20?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know who I am! LOL! I am so glad that little phrase has blessed you. Keep up the good work. Working on some healing over here in more ways than one. Love the post! Aren't kids perceptive?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was shocked and delighted to see you on MySpace!! :-) Welcome to mainstream culture!

    Yes, you have wonderful and beauiful children - and while you have been blessed you have definitely put alot of "sweat" into making that happen. You should be proud! :-)

    ReplyDelete