Sunday, March 30, 2008

My yucky yet not so yucky weekend

I just got back from lovely walk with Josie & Dexter. We didn't go to church today. I woke up with a migraine and Josie had a fever and sore throat. After sleeping the morning away, we felt better. Not 100%, but better than we had been. I thought a nice walk, exercise, and fresh air would do us good. And Dexter loves to go out. So off we went.
I wish I had my camera. We explored 'Angeline Brook' which is about 1/8 of a mile from my house. It goes under the road; we've passed it before, but never explored it. So off we went. Dex immediately went swimming. He's nuts. We found 'elf plants', 'mossy picnic spots' and a bridge! It was the perfect medicine. And boy do I need it.
I've spend a glum weekend. I was pretty bummed out about missed the party Timmy threw for himself on Friday night, and missing the secret prayer sisters meeting on Saturday night. NOT major issues, just little things that I let get to me.
Things have been really going well. Josh has been Mr. Wonderful lately (well, you know, even more so than usual.) He cleaned out the kids rooms Friday night, bringing in the bunk beds for the boys, brought home a new table for the girls room, setting that up, took Josie out for her new sneakers (along w/ Maddy & Loly), then brought me home dinner & my fav chocolate chip cookies, set up the xbox in the boys room- thrilling Sammy beyond belief. Just great things that I've been grumpy about instead of thankful.
I've just been in a funk this weekend and I hope it's finally over. I'm off to eat the rest of my sub from yesterday, and watch 'Ella Enchanted' with Josie. It is so quiet here. Did I mention Josh also brought all the kids to church today too?

4 comments:

  1. you were very missed at all events.
    But God is still good. And He will show you why daily. minutely. as you look around at all all all your blessings. his mercies are new every morning.
    I had brought the new fiction catalog to church to go over with you. Will have to make a date for this some time this week...Highlighter in hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay..I am lovin' that Josh! What a keeper! I know whty ou mean about that mental funk though. Sometiems I wonder if it isn't hormnoal. Other times I wonder if it is the enemy. Sometimes I figure it is just the sin nature. What I fail to do sometimes is ask God to delvier me from it. Instead I relish in it. SAD, very sad, but I do. I hope you perk up...sounds like that Josh his doing his part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. most assuredly hormonal. i have a friend due soon. and, boy have i been 'relish' (hee hee, i like to call my sel relish)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so great for Josah to do all of that for you and the kiddos. :)
    Ryc on my blog...Mo is 16 now! She is a blessing for sure!!
    hoping today is a better day for you!

    ReplyDelete