Monday, April 7, 2008

Eve


I was given a book yesterday to read. I started in on the way home from church, at about 4:00. I finished it just before midnight. I told my husband I was on strike, I had to read my book. He handled it well, I admit.
What began as a thriller; serial killer eludes FBI for 2 years; had slight romantic maybe even scandalous tones; lead FBI on the case's marriage has fallen apart- introduce new, young, beautiful partner; a good, intersting read, right?
So much more.
I was captivated. And now I'm realizing I cannot divulge too much information, because I want all of you to read this book. Maybe not in 6 hours (subtract dinner, putting children to bed, etc. I never TRULY go on strike), like I did. But I guarantee, you will be thinking about this long after you close the book.
And I'll just leave you with a few of my thoughts. Where does evil, such as the evil that drives a killer, come from? Is it truly 'evil', or just the result of psychotic tendencies that hide with in some of us? Why do people deny the existence of God; or if not God- cuz He's getting okay to mention, here and there- then the existence of His opposition?
Even we, as believers, fall into the comfort of, 'well, God is protecting me, I'm washed by the blood of Jesus, my sins are gone, and the devil, his minions, or evil, are subjects that make a great book, but won't really affect me at all'!
So, thanks Chris, for making me lose sleep, keep my house a disaster, and neglect my duties on a Sunday evening. lol. But also for being part of God, getting my attention, again.

5 comments:

  1. wow ok when are you dropping the book off at my house!
    I guess I will have to for-go "White" to read Adam...
    Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can I try to make Josh read it? big josh? he agreed to try 1 chapter. woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sons love Ted Dekker! Is it okay for teens to read? He usually is. Thanks for the book review. I am always on the look-out for good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fellow homeschooling mom told me about ted's new book Adam! I can't wait to read it. I have it on my wish list at amazon! I love ted dekker. I have read all of his other books!! he is great! his books make you think and challenge you and thats the best kind of book in my humble opinion!
    I am currently still reading my way through the Yada Yada series! It's great too and although very different then ted dekkers books it also challenges me in my walk with Christ!
    Are you still thinking on curriculum??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know these kinds of books - they're the ones that make me lose sleep, get anxiety and all this. Just so you know, my book won't be that intense ;-) or well, at least not in THAT way! T

    ReplyDelete