Friday, April 18, 2008

My migraines are a blessing???

Okay, does the title interest you? It does me. I know that we are to consider it all joy when we face trials, right? Well, those of you that know me, know that my migraines are a trial. But there is something I notice every time I have one.
I tend to move in slow motion- because I have to. But I tend to think in slow motion also. I don't know if that makes sense. But my mindset is slower. I have more patience w/ my children. Maybe it's only because it would hurt too much to raise my voice. I have to think through my reactions, therefore, I usually choose the right one, because I have thought about it. I do not just go with my gut instinct, because I cannot move or react that quickly.
I also get more sentimental, more feeling. Like today, for instance. I woke up with a migraine. I took my medicine (which is not as effective as it used to be, btw) and was trying to get through breakfast, bible time, computer time, and school- yeah, well, one subject for each child was all I had the strength for today! But I was reflecting on our rough day yesterday. A situation came up, and I reacted. I did not have a headache, so I acted first, thought later. Much later. Like today later. But I felt the conviction of my actions. So I was able to apologize to my children for my psychotic behavior. And they are so willing to forgive, which makes me feel even worse.
So, in conclusion (I'll stop now, or I will write like 10 pages) I think one of the reasons God allows my migraines to continue so forcefully, randomly, and freight-train-like, are that they make me think. I think they make me better. The lessons I learn when I am enduring them are priceless. I believe that if I could learn and behave the same way, when I do NOT have a migraine, they would lessen.
I truly believe that a majority of the battles that I face are spiritual ones. "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:12.
Not all of you will agree w/ me, and that is okay. This is my view, and my issue. I just wanted to share my latest thoughts with anyone who might care to read them. I know, in time, His time, I will be delivered from this too. Just as He has delivered me from so many other battles. Battles I felt like I was losing. Battles I lost, but He still brought me out victorious. I know this , too , shall pass.

5 comments:

  1. Great post!!
    I have had battles like that too where I know physical things are because of a spiritual battle.
    I have been thinking on this alot lately too becuz i am reading Yada Yada and alot of this book # 4 is about spiritual warfare and the battles we have to fight. :)

    Someday if you ever want to I will let you read my testimony of what i went through after RuthAnne died. Alot of it was spiritual adn some I still have to this day but it doesn't scare me like it did then. HaShem is good!! So good!

    We are coming to MA June 13-15 which is Father's day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I completely get that. Member I told you I yelled too much. So I prayed about it. Now when I attempt to yell I have a coughing fit! SO TRUE! Had one today....
    Makes me think and quickly try to whisper yell. which does not work that effectively. So I just shut up while the children laugh at me. NO really they think it is weird...
    Love ya . I do wish you didn't have headaches so bad though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so sorry about your migraines! It is so awesome that you see the hand of God and can rejoice in what He allows you to go through and learn in the midst of your trial and pain. His purposes are always good. And children...are they not so forgiving of their fault ridden parents? It is the evidence of grace in action. Good lessons for all to learn! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thing we share. I have had migraines since my 5th child. I too felt God pulling at my heart for His attention through the long dark times of pain. I call on Him first each day (Some days my flesh takes over) but when I call on Him first, it seems to set the tone for the whole day.
    More later, have to walk before it's hot and the kids get up!
    (I use sevensheaven most but the Place in the Desert is for my weight loss journey, 120 days) The other blogs are different things I'm involved in ie: choir, Keepers at Home and Homemakers by Choice)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the wonderful webs we weave huh?Many times I have had to apologize to my kids for being a jerk...Unfortunatley, they mimick my behavior at times, and it gives me a nice wake up call. I also ask my boys to pray for me, that I will allow God's peace to rule my heart, and that I will use patience. Its humbling to hear them pray for that when I am having a bad day.

    I have these issues, and I dont even have migranes! Could yours be gluten related? Been reading alot on that.

    Oh--and the big cat---yes, large cat like that...but wouldnt want a cat like that to knead bread on me! LOL

    ReplyDelete