My husband and oldest son went off for 'Father/Son' Day, to an antique radio museum place in Connecticut. I must say, they brought home the wierdest thing that is supposed to be a real, working radio. I don't get electrics. But, anyway, the rest of us headed to a family birthday party. I had a wonderful time. Ate. Played. Laughed. Swatted gnats. Roasted -I can't believe it was HOT today, at least it felt that way. I LOVED it!
Yet my heart is heavy. You see, my uncle and aunt are now separated. They had been together for over 20 years! They have a child. It was so nice to reconnect. To spend time with my family. I cannot say I was always close to them, I wish I could. But, I have a huge family, and there just isn't enough time to spend with everyone, you know? But our love is there. It always has been, always will.
Yet, it appears, for my aunt and uncle, the love just isn't there anymore. I was watching them. And I am sad. I KNOW, for a fact, that God can and does restore marriages. Ashes into beauty. With God, nothing is impossible.
I don't want to appear to be gossipping, forgive me if it appears that way, I am trying to be general and respectful. I know the hurt caused by people spreading private information about your life, so I am not trying to do that, I hate that, and I don't want to do that. (if you do feel I am not being discreet, or that I am gossiping, please, let me know.) I just want to spread a prayer request. Pray for restoration. Pray for healing. Pray for God's love to fill those who are in desperate need of it.
He DOES answer prayer. He DOES Restore and Renew. But, we have to ask Him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




That is very sad! I will pray.
ReplyDeleteI don't think you were gossiping. It's important that we ask. :)
oh ya- what you asked. Well, we have a resident babysitter. Morgan is 16 and Josiah is 12 so plenty of good babysitters. :)
ReplyDeleteWe have been celebrating the biblical feasts and Shabbat for about 6-7 yrs now. We love Passover. It's our favorite!! :)
Passover lasts 7 days and we do a passover seder meal and eat a nice supper.
have you ever read about passover? Do you now much about it or how it's celebrated?? just wondering what you know???
Much Love!! :):)
God's ways are not our ways. And often His answers are not what we were looking for. I am sorry for your aunt and uncle.
ReplyDeleteJesus,
Only you know a heart. Only you know the secret pains, the secret weaknesses. Please touch this union and restore love. Reignite their relationship and make it better than it was before-if it is Your will Lord. We know that You can do exceedingly, abundantly more than we ask or imagine. We know that Your will is good, acceptable and perfect. Speak to this couple. Help them hear Your voice, give them the strength to be obedient to it. Touch and bless this situation giving everyone involved what they need to bring glory and honor to Your name through it all. In Jesus name, Amen!
Asking for prayers for those you love isn't the same as spreading hurt about them:ie gossip. God hurts when there is disunity and we hurt eachother and we hurt when we are near it and only want love to abound!In a perfect world. I will pray too. I have several friendships that are in discord with their spouses and they think divorce is the only answer.
ReplyDeleteGod can do mighty things, hopefully they will ask Him to instead of trying to solve it on their own.
Hope you have a good week, keep praying in all things.