Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Zoo




This is Dexter and the newest member of our family, Tommy. Tommy is a 7 week old, 15 ounce ball of fluff. Until Tommy came into our house, Dexter attempted to kill all cats. Now he thinks he is a father. He doesn't allow the kitten to take more than 3 steps w/o being on top of him









This picture shows the first time (in 3 days) that Dexter finally lay down next to the kitty. He wouldn't close his eyes, though











Andrew, obviously loves him to death. He NEVER wakes up from a nap in a good mood. Until this day, saw Tommy next to him, and smiled. Wow, that was great. And, as you can see, Tommy is learning how to be a dog, licking those he loves!





This whole new pet thing has been a trial for me, I admit that. I am not a pet person by nature. I didn't want a kitten. I didn't want our 2 gerbils. And I certainly didn't want a puppy when I was 5 months pregnant with Andrew. But I have adjusted. I have learned that little sacrifices on my part please my husband immensely. It proves to him that I trust his judgement. And I do love these little critters. I just hope and pray that Josh is done bringing home animals. What's next? I actually wouldn't mind chickens... they lay eggs. Or maybe a cow, I hate to buy milk, and we drink tons of it. But, knowing my dearest, it will be something like a ball python that only grows up to 8 feet! By the grace of God, I'll handle anything that comes my way. Even reptiles.
Here are some random pictures of the kids in the backyard, and the woods bordering the yard. Thank God for spring.

6 comments:

  1. love the pics. I have a request...
    will you put up pics of your home in adn out so we can see. I don't know where you live now adn would love to see it.
    Did you get my reply on myspace message? What do you think about my question?? :0

    ReplyDelete
  2. RYC:
    We get netflix but we also go to Hollywood to fill in for when the netflix movies aren't here. We don't get any local channels adn only watch movies no regular tv, no cable etc.. so it's just whatever we get from netflix or Hollywood.
    can't wait to see your house and yard pics!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha! You better hope they don't read your blog or else you know what's coming next year!!! Oh - and did you know that you have to feed snakes live mice? Umm.. yeah. :-) btw - I wrote a blog entry for you! Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is your son musicman? I think he left a comment on my blog and I went to his site and answered his question! The kitten connected it all for me. I don't think my two dogs would adjust well to a kitten. But it sure is cute! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey! where are those pics!?? :)
    I sent you a message on myspace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband wouldnt allow a cat in our home...unless it was a big cat, and with little kids...well, not such a great idea!

    When I "grow up" I want to have a dairy cow, since raw milk is best, a couple yaks, some feed cows, chickens, turkeys, and maybe a sheep or two. and a goat. I will name him billy, and I will love him and squeeze him and....

    And a HUGE garden.

    Guess I will have to move someplace warm.

    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete