So, I only caught the last 50 minutes of 'Idol' tonight. Wednesday is church, you know! And the last 3 minutes blew me away. Did they really sing 'Shout to the Lord'? On American Idol? What?!
I've been blown away by all the "God songs" , as a friend of mine used to call them, that have been on there lately. Is one of the producers a new believer or something? My husband said that they just know that Christians are the most charitable group of people out there, so by doing that song, they appeal to them. Plus they left out the word 'Jesus', which they did. So any religious group could relate to the song.
That's my rant for this evening. If you didn't read my previous post, please do. I usually don't write twice in one day. You gotta read Kim's poem.
G'night, all!
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I am so impressed that you skip time out of Idol to be with us on Wednesday nights. I appreciate your sacrifice. Could you not tape it though?
ReplyDeleteAs for the God songs that is really neat! I know when I first heard it last week when I watched national gymnastics one of the girls played a christian song while she did her mat routing. It caught my attention and I was floored. I wish we didn't have to get that way ("shocked") I only pray God uses it to save many!
do i detect sarcasm here? how bout u tape it for me? ha ha. once upon a time, secular music would've shocked people.
ReplyDeleteI rejoice at anything GOOD on TV and am never shocked by anything bad. We are in the world. So many are blind and cannot see! My heart melted at some of the anguish they portrayed all over the world. My life is so blessed. I have so much!
ReplyDeleteI just had to come back and say that the word Jesus on our TV last night...was NOT left out. They said His name each time it should have been there in the song.
ReplyDeletePretty sweet. It's amazing how God can use even American Idol to bring HIM glory. It's ironic how the show is amercan " IDOL", yet God does says have no other idols before me. Interesting huh? And yet, God is using it for HIS glory
ReplyDeletei dont watch it. I dont even know what it is?? but anything giving G-d glory is good! :)
ReplyDelete