Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Just me...

Not much new. Just felt like writing. Woke up w/ a migraine, but went away pretty early. Thank God.
Spent a majority of the day baking. Made 8 loaves of Amish friendship bread. The kids loved it. My mom loved it. My grandmother loved it. I'm sick- yup, I loved it , too , and ate way too much! Now I have to find a bunch of people willing to take the starter and make it them selves. I kept a lot of it to make all that I made today.
My brother is sleeping over (he's 15) so him and Joshua are being goofy. It's that time, late at night, time to be silly. Even for teenage boys. They watched I am Legend. Then I made them take Dex out! And shut all the lights off on them, after I locked the door!THAT was funny. Watching these macho boys try desperately to get back into the house. Then, when Dex barked at some invisible thing; which he does all the time; they booked it back into the house, scared silly!
Had a wild turkey in our backyard today. That was fun. Of course, as soon as we all got out there to look at it, it was gone!
Reading 'Created to be his helpmeet'. Will go into detail on that another time. VERY good book. But also very... ouch!
That's all for now folks! (I really meant for this to be a 2 sentence post. Tracy does it all the time. I just don't have it in me. I have way too much to say. Sorry)

~ oops, one more thing. Dex and the kitty (who I have renamed 'Mio') are doing great. Mio beats up Dex! It's so funny!

7 comments:

  1. sounds like a noraml but great and productive day! Scaring people is fun!:) especially when they jump!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be your friend but I don't think I want to have any of that starter stuff. Can I buy friendship bread somewhere already made. I am too tired to cook but I want friends. heehee
    see you tonight? (You can bring me some friendship bread)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Amish friendship bread! Yum! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always come here to read and nothing new. you need to blog more!:)
    ty for the b-day wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i wasnt really afraid... i wasnt really afraid... i was just pretending just.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha! I was JUST about to write a 2-line post, but I didn't!! :-) Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chalk up another similarity. We've been making friendship bread too. But my 10 year old made it without me and left out the flour. Friendship flop! Have you tried to freeze the starter? I heard that's a good way to keep some in case you just don't want to make it some time.

    Sorry, no sympathy here for the sunburn. I think it will be in the 90s tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete