Saturday, May 24, 2008

Music and Loved Ones

Here I am, at 11:00, writing again. I had a great day today. We spent time with 4 other families at our house. Had a cookout, and even better, had music. I love to be home, and I love to have people over, so it was a perfect day for me. More cookouts planned for the holiday weekend. What about you???
Also have been thinking about my whole weight loss/gain issue. I have come to realize a few things these past few weeks.
1- I am content with who I am. My identity does not lie in my pant size, or whether or not I have a 6 pack (or a 12 pack, lol) stomach, or just some extra...me. But I am okay with that, for now, because I am soo happy with who I am, and who I am becoming on the inside. God is changing me. And the fact that He is working a LOT more on my 'heart transformation' than anything else, is something that makes me smile.
2- Granted, I would like to continue on my weight loss journey; okay, more like, get back on it. But you get what I'm saying. And I intend to. But not with the determination I've had previously. I will lose more weight, get more healthy, tighten things up. But not because I am depressed that I'm overweight, and hating myself. I am in a better place, mentally and spiritually, to get into a better place, physically.
3- I need to let go of my chocolate addiction. No, not let go. Just get control of it. I have the potential to eat like a logger! But I need to do all things in moderation. I went from denying myself everything I loved, eating almonds and whole wheat pasta (i HATE wheat pasta, i love whole wheat everything else, just NOT pasta), one cup of coffee a day (I need 3, sorry, that's just ME), and basically not enjoying anything I ate; to eating incessantly, nonstop, everything I loved, with no thought to the consequences- migraines from chocolate, weight gain from chocolate, being unable to sleep from... okay you get it. So having control, and moderation in my eating will be a big help. Not denying myself completely , because that sets me up for failure. But not allowing everything either, because that is just stupid.
So, those are my thoughts for the day. I am thankful to be blessed with all I was blessed with today. I LOVE to listen to live music. It was so fun to hear the adults 'jam', then the 'kids band', and then I got a chance to sing- which is truly a gift from God to me, considering how I no longer do that anymore, with a group anyway, and I love it so much. But that is a story for another time..

5 comments:

  1. From one chocoholic to another-I understand. I try to have moderation. It has taken a lot of time. I have it a little easier because my vegan diet gives me a lot of extra space for chocolate induglences. But I let myself have a little soy peppermint mocha now and again and once a week a nice gooey chocolate dessert! Praying for you! Hang in there. You are beautiful just as you are. But there is nothing wrong with wanting to be healthy and taking care of the body (temple of the Holy Spirit) that God has given you. Moderation...balance. It is a tough walk but God is with you watching, aiding, loving you through it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! I understand the whole weight loss journey! And I ahe learned that as G-d is a G-d of order so we as His people need to be a people of order and balance. Eating too! I have not perfected that myself but I am a work in progress. :)
    I have lost 44 lbs and am soooooooooooo happy with my loss. I am working on losing even more but I LOVE myself right where I am now! I am confident in who I am as a person regardless of what I ahve lost or how the little extras look. I am a mama of 10 children and I have learned to LOVE my mama body! I don't want to look like I am that 20 yr. old again cuz guess what? I'm not! I am the mother of 10 children (THANK YOU YESHUA!!) and have carried 10 babies in my womb! :):) I am beginning to see those extras and stretch marks etc as what my sweet dh refers to them as: beauty marks; those things that mark me as a mama! And in my mind thats something wonderful and honoring!!
    I like what luvmy4sons saida bove; we need to focus on being healthy not losing weight! That helps me! Skinny doesn't mean healthy anymore than fat does! So be you and just find balance eating for the healthiest you there is! :) And I agree youa re beautiful as you are!! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot!!! Another vegan! Holla!! :D

    One thing I've learned is God KNOWS your heart. He knows the weight and eating thing weighs heavily (haha) on you. And as you walk faithfully with him, allowing him to teach you what he has to teach you (which for me at least has always come one at a time, thank you God), he'll get to that too. Trust him!

    For what it's worth, I think you are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah... we were pretty good werent we.

    ReplyDelete